General Electric - Junk - Broke as soon as warranty expired

We bought this refrigerator on a recommendation during a remodel 6 years ago.My warning to you is about buying GE appliances.

Two months after the warranty expired, the fan circulating cold air through the unit broke. Eight months later the inverter board broke, possibly damaging the condenser. To me it does not matter how good the unit looks if it does not work. I think anyone would expect a $2000 appliance to last more than 6 years.

My “consumer advocate” at GE has just given me the run-around and not returned my calls. Do yourself a favor and buy another brand, GE no longer stands for quality.

One final note, the GE Profile stove that we bought at the same time also required a repair.So far that one is holding.

More Review Details

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 09, 2013 #714245 Newburg, Kentucky

Hello,this is Donna from GE. I'm sorry about your experience with your refrigerator. Can you take a moment to email us at please? We would like to take a look at this for you.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to General Electric. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about General Electric.
Filing a new complaint about