We bought this refrigerator on a recommendation during a remodel 6 years ago.My warning to you is about buying GE appliances.
Two months after the warranty expired, the fan circulating cold air through the unit broke. Eight months later the inverter board broke, possibly damaging the condenser. To me it does not matter how good the unit looks if it does not work. I think anyone would expect a $2000 appliance to last more than 6 years.
My “consumer advocate” at GE has just given me the run-around and not returned my calls. Do yourself a favor and buy another brand, GE no longer stands for quality.
One final note, the GE Profile stove that we bought at the same time also required a repair.So far that one is holding.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
- Review rating
- 1 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "I've followed both the cheat sheet and the cook book for various roasts and none of them turn out properly cooked. The outside will be burned and the inside..."
- "The first new wave oven I had worked great for over four years. Bought the two deal special late 2013. Gave one to my mom for Christmas. Kept the other..."
- "My husband and I had been researching fridges for the past several months, and last week came across an 'open box' Samsung at Best Buy that was within range of..."
- "I'm on my 5th iPhone 6plus, and my 4th lifeproof nuud case, w8ing on the newest replacement. I noticed in the invoice that it's possibly a version 2... APPLE NUUD IPHONE..."
- "As of today, I've yet to receive my couches and I'm currently on hold (12 minutes and counting). I am a single mother and just moved into a house. My old..."
- "In March I had a shockingly bad MegaBus experience on various levels, and I've heard of similar from friends. When I got home that night, I wrote a review..."
- "This solar company called me to install solar panels on my house about 9 months ago. Although, the person I was dealing with was nice person, can't say much positive..."
- "I have more blogs with USA traffic and using this ad network i earn decent revenue.I earn around $0,16 per click and also i earn bonus revenue from conversions.Until now..."
- "Purchased several security cameras and supporting DVR. Approx $650 spent. Fought with the system for almost a year. Trying to get it to work correctly, involving our internet company, thinking..."