I have an older GE microwave oven that turns on when the door is open and shuts off when the door is closed,Model #JES1030TW002, Serial #980560, Manufactured Jan.1994.Despite its age, a microwave oven should not fail in this dangerous way.

I feel radiation burn in my right hand due to momentary exposure to microwaves from this oven.

I have now unplugged it so family members do not use it.I have tried everything to reset this oven so that the oven does not come on when the door is opened, but no matter what I have tried to reset it, the microwave oven turns on when the door is opened and exposes my family to the dangerous microwaves.

Had an Experience with General Electric?

Comments

Hi, This is Vikki from GE.I am sorry to hear you've had a problem with your microwave and would like an opportunity for my team to check into this situation.

Please email us directly at eresponse@ge.com with the pertinent details including your name, address, and phone number.

In the meantime, please continue to keep the microwave unplugged until the situation can be investigated.I look forward to hearing from you.