I have an older GE microwave oven that turns on when the door is open and shuts off when the door is closed,Model #JES1030TW002, Serial #980560, Manufactured Jan.1994. Despite its age, a microwave oven should not fail in this dangerous way.

I feel radiation burn in my right hand due to momentary exposure to microwaves from this oven.

I have now unplugged it so family members do not use it. I have tried everything to reset this oven so that the oven does not come on when the door is opened, but no matter what I have tried to reset it, the microwave oven turns on when the door is opened and exposes my family to the dangerous microwaves.

Comments

Hi, This is Vikki from GE. I am sorry to hear you've had a problem with your microwave and would like an opportunity for my team to check into this situation.

Please email us directly at eresponse@ge.com with the pertinent details including your name, address, and phone number.

In the meantime, please continue to keep the microwave unplugged until the situation can be investigated. I look forward to hearing from you.