2.1
Ease of Use
Style and Design

Spectra oven in unoccupied home shorted and caused the broiler to turn on.All the controls were off and the only way to cut the power was at the circuit breaker.

Unit ran over a month and resulted in $250 power bill. After contacting GE Appliance customer service, they sent out a technician and abruptly closed the case. The oven is a total loss and they did not respond to numerous phone messages and the pictures I supplied. Actually spent two hours on hold to reach a representative and no one ever picked up.

The technician reported that we were lucky the home did not burn down. The oven got so hot the racks rusted and malformed.

The interior paint blistered and the top of the oven door is visibly burnt.Seems to me that they might want to do their own investigation but now have to deal with my attorney.

Review about: Ge Appliances Range.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Good initial response.

I didn't like: Lack of follow up and failure to resolve the problem.

Had an Experience with General Electric?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion