General Electric - Freezer Door leaks
Update added by user Oct 21, 2013
The store I bought this from finally after much discussion saw things my way and replaced the refrigerator at no cost to me.The new frig was built in August 3013.
The only difference is the color of the water/ice dispensor.
It is silver now as it was black before.Also the water/ice dispensor functions much better then the old one.
I guess the store now has to fight it out with GE to get their money back.
Original review posted by user Sep 20, 2013
I bought a counter depth side by side refrigerator in 2008.If worked fine until the extended warranty expired.
Then the cold side door started leaking. GE repaired that problem. Then the freezer door leaked. Ge repair says I need a new door, but the door is not available.
After checking the serial number I find that the unit is a 2004 model. I paid $4800 for the unit and GE offered to replace it for $3000 more.
This is like buying a 2013 car and finding out it is a 2009 model yet you paid top price for it.I will never buy another GE product.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Ge Profile Refrigerator
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "Please read reviews prior to ordering from this company, I wish I had. Ordered a 48” Broan Range Hood $1,100.00. Arrived in box that look undamaged (same as..."
- "My Latest Experience with Sony Corporation of America Event # E58894537 Service Notification: 301547845 Order # 36065586 1. I own Sony’s Flagship SACD Player, the SCD-1, cost: $5,000.00. It should be mentioned, this player..."
- "Have just spent 7mths renovating our house purchased a Miele clean steel dishwasher, this week my cabinet maker installed all our appliances that had been stored together hot plate, oven,..."
- "So unhappy with fence install here in Buffalo, NY. Home Depot only has ONE contractor they use in WNY area so BEWARE. They built my back fence too high and..."
- "Order 32 chairs, 12 of them either have scratch or nails through the back to the front. They never sent me any tracking numbers or delivery date even I called..."
- "They didn't send what I ordered! I ordered the Gibbs Rules Coffee Mug and received something in Spanish!!! I don't how this could have happened. They sent a confirmation email..."