General Electric - Freezer Door leaks
Update added by user Oct 21, 2013
The store I bought this from finally after much discussion saw things my way and replaced the refrigerator at no cost to me.The new frig was built in August 3013.
The only difference is the color of the water/ice dispensor.
It is silver now as it was black before.Also the water/ice dispensor functions much better then the old one.
I guess the store now has to fight it out with GE to get their money back.
Original review posted by user Sep 20, 2013
I bought a counter depth side by side refrigerator in 2008.If worked fine until the extended warranty expired.
Then the cold side door started leaking. GE repaired that problem. Then the freezer door leaked. Ge repair says I need a new door, but the door is not available.
After checking the serial number I find that the unit is a 2004 model. I paid $4800 for the unit and GE offered to replace it for $3000 more.
This is like buying a 2013 car and finding out it is a 2009 model yet you paid top price for it.I will never buy another GE product.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Ge Profile Refrigerator
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "In 2011 I purchased a GE countertop microwave. After a little over 1 year, the paint on the bottom of the oven began to peel. GE offered me a small..."
- "Stove Range Model #FGFL79DBE Purchased from Lowe's December 2005. Used the broiler for the very first time on May 9, 2010 and the stove caught on fire - insulation..."
- "Copy of E-mail I sent GE:I spent thousands of $$$ on putting all monogram appliances into my re-modeled home, purchased from Spencerâ€™s in Phoenix AZ.The Refrigerator (ZISS480DRISS) brokeâ€¦of course following..."
- "Took my little girl to Claire's today. We walk into the store and a sales person made sure to tell us the entire store was buy 3 get 3 for..."
- "In less then a month I went from size 20 to size 16! I have more energy, less back and hip pain, and I find myself smiling more often. The..."
- "I brought a LG Stylo 2 phone at the end of Aug 2016, within the 1st month my SIM card went out for no reason, the company sent me..."