General Electric - Freezer Door leaks
Update added by user Oct 21, 2013
The store I bought this from finally after much discussion saw things my way and replaced the refrigerator at no cost to me.The new frig was built in August 3013.
The only difference is the color of the water/ice dispensor.
It is silver now as it was black before.Also the water/ice dispensor functions much better then the old one.
I guess the store now has to fight it out with GE to get their money back.
Original review posted by user Sep 20, 2013
I bought a counter depth side by side refrigerator in 2008.If worked fine until the extended warranty expired.
Then the cold side door started leaking. GE repaired that problem. Then the freezer door leaked. Ge repair says I need a new door, but the door is not available.
After checking the serial number I find that the unit is a 2004 model. I paid $4800 for the unit and GE offered to replace it for $3000 more.
This is like buying a 2013 car and finding out it is a 2009 model yet you paid top price for it.I will never buy another GE product.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Ge Profile Refrigerator
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "This may sound small but the end result could have been serious. Recently I purchased a Kitchen Aid Enamel Roasting Pan and used it for the second time today to..."
- "I purchased a 50-inch TV during the first shopping event at Walmart Thanksgiving Day for the one hour guarantee. Upon arriving home (2-hours away from the store), I entered..."
- "I'VE NEVER DROPED THIS DOME! I'VE CARED FOR IT SINCE PURCHASE. THE SPLITS IN THE DOME ARE FROM COOKING ONLY. I purchased my oven when you only received one for the..."
- "DiskDigger is often a data recovery software solution for all users that recouping your deleted or prepared files through the storage media associated with your operating system, which include various..."
- "I received a letter in the mail stating I was "Pre-approved" for a credit card. After having difficulty signing up online I decided to call. Eventually, I was told that..."
- " We hired We Hang Holiday Lights in Toms river NJ to decorate our home and trees with lights garland and wreaths. Ryan Phillips was present on the job site..."