Featured on Facebook Not resolved

Update by user Oct 21, 2013

The store I bought this from finally after much discussion saw things my way and replaced the refrigerator at no cost to me.The new frig was built in August 3013.

The only difference is the color of the water/ice dispensor.

It is silver now as it was black before.Also the water/ice dispensor functions much better then the old one.

I guess the store now has to fight it out with GE to get their money back.

Original review posted by user Sep 20, 2013

I bought a counter depth side by side refrigerator in 2008.If worked fine until the extended warranty expired.

Related: General Electric - Also had GE Monogram problems .....

Then the cold side door started leaking. GE repaired that problem. Then the freezer door leaked. Ge repair says I need a new door, but the door is not available.

After checking the serial number I find that the unit is a 2004 model. I paid $4800 for the unit and GE offered to replace it for $3000 more.

This is like buying a 2013 car and finding out it is a 2009 model yet you paid top price for it.I will never buy another GE product.

Review about: Ge Profile Refrigerator.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE General Electric Repair
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $4800
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with General Electric?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.