My GE dishwasher (about $1,000 price) leaves a residue of (liquid) dishwasher detergent after each dish washing. It was that way since I bough it, and the warranty repair did not fix the problem. The malfunction is due to two design flaws. The heater is flimsy and does not heat water enough to properly dissolve the detergent even though I set the water heater thermostat to the max, which sent my gas bills through the roof. I guess, that this flimsy heater was one of the reason that yielded the dishwasher the "Energy Star". The detergent container is located next to the upper rack so it only can partially open, leaving each time some detergent there up to and including the rinse cycle. As a result, the said detergent is not completely rinsed out during the rinse cycle, and is left on the inside of the dishwasher and on my dishes in form of deposit.
Recently, I discovered that my and my wife's stomachs aches are attributable to the fact that the washing detergent left by the said dishwasher gets to our food and, eventually, to our digestive tracts.
GE sent a tech to investigate the issue. From the very beginning, the tech was claiming that it was hard water that caused the dishwasher to malfunction. When I showed him still wet detergent left in the dispenser, he claimed it was not detergent but calcium. His claim was utterly absurd. But I am stack with ill-designed and malfunctioning dishwasher,
My rating of this GE dishwasher is 0 (zero) and my rate for the GE service is 0 (zero). I wish I never bought anything from GE.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I purchased the KitchenAid Buillt-In Combination Electric Convection Oven and Microwave Oven in the summer of 2012. Last night I ran the self-cleaning cycle for perhaps the second or..."
- "Copy of E-mail I sent GE:I spent thousands of $$$ on putting all monogram appliances into my re-modeled home, purchased from Spencerâ€™s in Phoenix AZ.The Refrigerator (ZISS480DRISS) brokeâ€¦of course following..."
- "purchase a nuwave oven in less than one year the dome like all other complaints i have read has cracked. had i known about the DEFFECT in this product i..."
- "Ian Beyond disappointed. I ordered flowers paid extra For a larger Florial arrangement. However, The flowers sent were Not close to what I ordered. I complained to The Company...."
- "Survey scam thought 4 purchases were $1 each... charged $33.34 instead. Was directed to this third-party site buy swagbucks.com; I'm convinced they are a scam too. Called immediately the next..."
- "I had taken my Mini cooper JCW GP in for repairs, 3 times within a period of 1 and a half month, to have my left front breaks fixed. They..."
- "I don't usually complain but this time I have to, it was a treat for my husband and I to have my granddaughter with us for dinner she's 16 and..."
- "Case: 1. Download latest Android Snapdeal app 2. Register/Login 3. Connect with Freecharge 4. Keep some money into Freecharge wallet 5. Add some products into Cart 6. Cart -->Proceed to payment 7...."
- "Better use consignee rather than your own people which not taking care and stealing the contents of the box. batter add precautions and implement rules to avoid this kind of..."