General Electric - GE dishwasher with "Emergy Star" a purchase I deeply regret
My GE dishwasher (about $1,000 price) leaves a residue of (liquid) dishwasher detergent after each dish washing. It was that way since I bough it, and the warranty repair did not fix the problem. The malfunction is due to two design flaws. The heater is flimsy and does not heat water enough to properly dissolve the detergent even though I set the water heater thermostat to the max, which sent my gas bills through the roof. I guess, that this flimsy heater was one of the reason that yielded the dishwasher the "Energy Star". The detergent container is located next to the upper rack so it only can partially open, leaving each time some detergent there up to and including the rinse cycle. As a result, the said detergent is not completely rinsed out during the rinse cycle, and is left on the inside of the dishwasher and on my dishes in form of deposit.
Recently, I discovered that my and my wife's stomachs aches are attributable to the fact that the washing detergent left by the said dishwasher gets to our food and, eventually, to our digestive tracts.
GE sent a tech to investigate the issue. From the very beginning, the tech was claiming that it was hard water that caused the dishwasher to malfunction. When I showed him still wet detergent left in the dispenser, he claimed it was not detergent but calcium. His claim was utterly absurd. But I am stack with ill-designed and malfunctioning dishwasher,
My rating of this GE dishwasher is 0 (zero) and my rate for the GE service is 0 (zero). I wish I never bought anything from GE.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "In June of 2005, I purchased a General Electric Radiant RangeModel: JB968T H4WWOver the course of 6 years, I have contacted G.E. about this situation and the problem has..."
- "Stove Range Model #FGFL79DBE Purchased from Lowe's December 2005. Used the broiler for the very first time on May 9, 2010 and the stove caught on fire - insulation..."
- "I ordered a brand new 2016 Vizio TV. It came delivered to me in an undamaged box but the unit is damaged. I sent the pictures as requested..."
- "Steak 'n Shake Friday Evening 01/20/17 When I arrived there were ; 7 occupied tables, parties of 7,4,2,2,3,4,3 customers & 1@counter One server appeared to be working with a second..."
- "Before I get into my review of my experience with Preview Models, I would first like to be one of the first to step out from behind the veil of..."
- "Big man Lane recliner, went to recline and spring busted flew across room and just missed my flat screen, & my big window. WG&R where I bought it will not..."
- "Is this their Science teacher from that last review?! Isn't resisting a process server breaking the law?! She does Lyndon proud for sure as she yells "get the ***..."
- "During March 2015 i subscribed to web.com, the service delivery was pathetic therefor decided to find another service provider. I complained in writing to web.com as well as that they debit..."
- "ordered a floral arrangement for a family member's funeral. Had to change the date of delivery, but could never speak to anyone who knew what they were doing. ..."