General Electric - GE dishwasher with "Emergy Star" a purchase I deeply regret
My GE dishwasher (about $1,000 price) leaves a residue of (liquid) dishwasher detergent after each dish washing. It was that way since I bough it, and the warranty repair did not fix the problem. The malfunction is due to two design flaws. The heater is flimsy and does not heat water enough to properly dissolve the detergent even though I set the water heater thermostat to the max, which sent my gas bills through the roof. I guess, that this flimsy heater was one of the reason that yielded the dishwasher the "Energy Star". The detergent container is located next to the upper rack so it only can partially open, leaving each time some detergent there up to and including the rinse cycle. As a result, the said detergent is not completely rinsed out during the rinse cycle, and is left on the inside of the dishwasher and on my dishes in form of deposit.
Recently, I discovered that my and my wife's stomachs aches are attributable to the fact that the washing detergent left by the said dishwasher gets to our food and, eventually, to our digestive tracts.
GE sent a tech to investigate the issue. From the very beginning, the tech was claiming that it was hard water that caused the dishwasher to malfunction. When I showed him still wet detergent left in the dispenser, he claimed it was not detergent but calcium. His claim was utterly absurd. But I am stack with ill-designed and malfunctioning dishwasher,
My rating of this GE dishwasher is 0 (zero) and my rate for the GE service is 0 (zero). I wish I never bought anything from GE.
Review about: General Electric Gld8700Nbb.
Review #931690 is a subjective opinion of a user.