General Electric - GE Monogram Repairman ripped me off / Customer Care did little to help
Update added by user Jul 08, 2011
Original review posted by user Jul 08, 2011
I called GE Monogram customer care at 800-444-1845 and scheduled a service call for a fridge that was not working correctly. The fridge cost $8,000 and is just 4 years old. Repair guy comes to my home and 20 minutes later charges me $602.00 The part replaced was part number WR55X10490 (made by EMBARCO for GE)and I was overcharged $396 for the part. This same part is sold by Sears for just $310. I was then charged $90 for labor despite it taking only 2 min (one Phillips screw) to install as well as a $79.00 service call charge. When you call to make the appointment you are told that the $79.99 service call fee will be applied to any repairs that are made - it was not. When I called today, it took nearly an hour to get CINDY (case # 161318168) to credit back the $79.99 service call fee but she refused to credit back the overcharge of the part, or the $90 that the tech charged for 5 minutes of labor to turn one Phillips screw and a electrical quick connect. Cindy started out nice, but then quickly questioned that anyone sold part # WR55X10490 (Google quickly changed her mind) and she questioned my claim that the service visit fee was supposed to be credited back. After she told me she would credit the service visit fee of $79.99, I told her I appreciated that but felt the other overcharges needed to also be credited and I would take it up with my CC company in the form of a dispute, she said she wasn't going to credit anything. WOW! I called back into her own line and had a service rep confirm it was a standard policy to credit it back if repairs were made did she credit me.
My ask is simple, I want the difference in what GE charged me ($396) and what Sears charges ($310) and half the labor ($45) credited back. Total rip off is $205 of the $602.00 charge. Here is a link to Sears price for the exact part: http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/WR55X10490/0046/363
In this economy, and on an $8,000 refrigerator that is only 4 years old, why is a company as big as GE overcharging it's customers????
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Ge Refrigerator
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "The first new wave oven I had worked great for over four years. Bought the two deal special late 2013. Gave one to my mom for Christmas. Kept the other..."
- "I ordered a brand new 2016 Vizio TV. It came delivered to me in an undamaged box but the unit is damaged. I sent the pictures as requested..."
- "The hood cracked and then literally started melting... why would a product intended for heating food melt!!!? What a scam. ..."
- "i have been a customer for years and my account was deleted with no explanation of why? i paid for and upgrade this week and the same day it went..."
- "My husband bought me a Le Vian chocolate and white Diamond band for our anniversary and i have had it less than 2 months. One of the white diamonds has..."
- "A caution to anyone shipping UPS. When you take your packages to a UPS store be sure to stand there and read EVERY LINE of the paper they give you...."
- "I'm 17 years old and I have been using Wen for maybe a year now. I am half black half white but I have very fine hair. I noticed for..."
- "We decided to use Zerorez because they had a good reputation. We have a brand-new home (less than 4 months old) and we had some basic soiled marks in the..."
- "This company has no business ethics, etiquette, concepts of truthful facts, or regard for its customers. This place is SATURATED by mice. They permeated my unit, resulting in $1000s in..."