General Electric - GE Monogram Repairman ripped me off / Customer Care did little to help
Update added by user Jul 08, 2011
Original review posted by user Jul 08, 2011
I called GE Monogram customer care at 800-444-1845 and scheduled a service call for a fridge that was not working correctly. The fridge cost $8,000 and is just 4 years old. Repair guy comes to my home and 20 minutes later charges me $602.00 The part replaced was part number WR55X10490 (made by EMBARCO for GE)and I was overcharged $396 for the part. This same part is sold by Sears for just $310. I was then charged $90 for labor despite it taking only 2 min (one Phillips screw) to install as well as a $79.00 service call charge. When you call to make the appointment you are told that the $79.99 service call fee will be applied to any repairs that are made - it was not. When I called today, it took nearly an hour to get CINDY (case # 161318168) to credit back the $79.99 service call fee but she refused to credit back the overcharge of the part, or the $90 that the tech charged for 5 minutes of labor to turn one Phillips screw and a electrical quick connect. Cindy started out nice, but then quickly questioned that anyone sold part # WR55X10490 (Google quickly changed her mind) and she questioned my claim that the service visit fee was supposed to be credited back. After she told me she would credit the service visit fee of $79.99, I told her I appreciated that but felt the other overcharges needed to also be credited and I would take it up with my CC company in the form of a dispute, she said she wasn't going to credit anything. WOW! I called back into her own line and had a service rep confirm it was a standard policy to credit it back if repairs were made did she credit me.
My ask is simple, I want the difference in what GE charged me ($396) and what Sears charges ($310) and half the labor ($45) credited back. Total rip off is $205 of the $602.00 charge. Here is a link to Sears price for the exact part: http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/WR55X10490/0046/363
In this economy, and on an $8,000 refrigerator that is only 4 years old, why is a company as big as GE overcharging it's customers????
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Ge Refrigerator
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "Have just spent 7mths renovating our house purchased a Miele clean steel dishwasher, this week my cabinet maker installed all our appliances that had been stored together hot plate, oven,..."
- "This is what my Samsung Refrigerator model RS265TDRS did to my house. It killed my dog Ruffy and cat Amy. And all my fish. Something has to be done about..."
- "I bought a counter depth side by side refrigerator in 2008. If worked fine until the extended warranty expired. Then the cold side door started leaking. GE repaired that problem...."
- "Found just what I wanted...finally! Didn't buy it until I got home and decided I wanted it. Called and placed a hold on it (they wouldn't take payment..."
- "My cousin and I took this trip of a lifetime in September 2016 after years of dreaming and planning. It was everything we had hoped and more. I..."
- "I'm not sure why I go to this business because I always leave insulted and irritated. I tried to give them a chance but while they're very fast in going..."
- " I purchased a puppy from Petland South Semoran in October 2016. I paid 2,400 Needless to say I fell in love with my puppy the moment I saw him. So..."
- "I am very, very, very dissatisfied with Telmex. It does need a very long time before I'm getting upset. It's my personality as well I spend several years as a..."
- "120$ Wasted on a dress that looks nothing like site dress very poorly imitated. If we had more money and time they wouldn't be worn. I will never order from..."